In 2016 the Regional Training Centre of the World Customs Organization (WCO RTC) was transferred from the city of Dnipro to the city of Khmelnytskyi. It functions on the basis of the Department for Specialized Training and Canine Services of the State Customs Service of Ukraine.
The aim of the RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) is to train representatives of customs administrations of the member-countries of the WCO Europe region and conduct seminars and workshops on customs issues.
In 2017 a WCO expert - Mr. Giovanni Gaeta, Technical Officer, Coordinator of People Development Area within the Capacity Building Directorate, visited RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) to assess available resources and assist in developing strategic plan and action plan for the efficient functioning of the RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine).
Priorities of the RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine):
- Development and maintenance of training tools and standards of the World Customs Organization, their adaptation, dissemination and practical implementation according to specific regional needs and national experience;
- Realization of special and specialized training aimed at creating conditions for professional development of highly qualified customs employees;
- Modern information technologies as the basis for the creation of an integrated system for improving professional competence.
RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) Mission Statement:
Response to the ever-changing customs environment RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) provides high level training via professional programmes and implementation of WCO standards and good practices on people development, conducting training activities at the national, regional and international levels.
RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) Vision Statement:
Modernized Regional Training Centre, known for its professionalism and efficiency, promptly and in a flexible way reacting to changes and providing advanced training of customs officials.
RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) Specialization:
Train-the-trainers courses (with the involvement of international and regional experts-trainers) in particular on Strategic Trade Control Enforcement (STCE), training of scanners operators, leadership and management.
RTC Khmelnytskyi (Ukraine) Objectives:
- Promoting and supporting the implementation of WCO policies at the regional level; developing regionally relevant training;
- Providing the region with expert trainers (training of regional experts in the framework of the WCO);
- Creating an integrated system of professional training of customs officers under the auspices of the RTC Khmelnitsky (Ukraine);
- Promoting the development of a regional partnership network of regional training centres.
Currently, there are three WCO accredited experts-trainers in the field of Strategic Trade Control Enforcement (STCE) in the Department. Another representative of the Department, as a WCO recognized expert, participates in delivery of the WCO integrity workshops.
Besides, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine and the World Customs Organization signed in Brussels (Belgium) on July 16, 2016, a Regional Dog Training Centre of the World Customs Organization was established on the basis of the Department. It is a great chance for Ukraine to exchange experience and best practices in the field of canine services with other countries.